Friday 17 May 2013

Timeplan

For this project I have chosen to make a miniature model of Bag End.

Because of the square ft size constraints this model is going to have to be to a very small scale but I am looking forward to developing my skills is this area because previous miniatures I have made have been to a much larger scale.

Here is my Gantt chart to show how I've planned my time...




Week 1 – 2
The first section of my project was assigned to the project plan. This is so I can have a clear understanding of what I need to achieve for my end goals and know how I am going to perform each task.
Alongside this I would be researching into designs for ‘Bag End’ and looking at images from the set. I would also get my own screen shots from ‘The Lord Of The Rings’ films, trailers for ‘The Hobbit’ and backstage footage so I can view the scene from every angle possible and get a clearer vision of how it is built.

Week 2 – 5
The second section I assigned to material testing. During this time I would be researching various methods I could use for building each section. I would then be testing my favourite methods to see which worked best for my specific model, these techniques would then be used later in the final building stage.

Week 5 – 11
This section was assigned to the building process. Throughout this time I would be taking the techniques I already know and the newly learnt techniques to construct my final product to the plans created in the project planning stage. This will also include most of the painting and finishing of the final product.
On top of this I will also still be researching into new techniques in case there are any useful ones that I originally missed. I will also still be researching and referring back to the designs and images of the set to make sure it keeps me on track.

Week 11 – 15 (including holidays)
This final section I have assigned to the finishing of the project. This time is set aside for adding any finishing touches to the model. This time also includes the photographing of the final piece and the final editing in Photoshop.
Alongside this I will again be researching. This time it will be for techniques on how to photograph a miniature and photoshopping methods that me be useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment